The teaching program aims at raising awareness for a renewed approach towards contemporary art. Through workshops, shared visits and laboratories, the program seeks to bring the public and the works into closer contact in a space dedicated exclusively to contemporary art.
The visitor is accompanied along a path of discovery and guided toward a new way of observing art and, consequently, the real context in which it interacts.
The educational projects are addressed to everyone, to children, to the young and adults alike, and also foresee the involvement of schools of every kind, as well as students from the Art Academy and University.
The Fondazione Brodbeck was set up on 30 November, 2007 by the family of Paolo Brodbeck. It is located within a post-industrial complex in the heart of old Catania, in the historical quarter of San Cristoforo, therefore in a strategic position just a little way from the Ursino Castle Civic Museum, Piazza Duomo and Piazza Università. The complex, which dates back to the end of the 19th century, with later additions in the last century, it has had various uses. Initially, it was used for the production of liquorice and fruit processing. During the Second World War, it was used as a military garrison and, finally, it became a Farmers’ Association warehouse and carpenter’s shop. The entire block is an area of 6 thousand square metres. To date, 600 square metres have been restructured and other 1200 have been set out.